Highlights from Guest Speaker Rep. Carson on HB 153 Fractional SPLOST
What the legislation does:
- Allows Georgia counties to propose a SPLOST rate of less than 1%.
- Any combination of SPLOSTs are capped at 1% maximum.
- Any SPLOST less than 1% must be agreed to by county and its cities.
- Counties can enact SPLOST beginning the fist quarter after 45 days of vote.
- More flexiblity for counties to scale the SPLOST rate to projects actually needed (no more “filler projects”).
- Lower taxes; if Cobb County reduces its SPLOST from 1% to 1/2%, this would save Cobb taxpayers $60 million each year.
- Protects cities by giving them “veto-power” over county SPLOST proposals.
I Need Your Help!
- Please contact state legislators to as for their support.
- Please also contact Taxpayer Associations, Tea Party groups, etc. all over.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.